CHANGE BEGINS HERE
NeuroStar® transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) therapy is a cutting-edge, non-invasive approach to treating mood and behavioral disorders. The accredited NeuroStar® therapy program at Northeast Health Services is designed to help you reach a place of sustainable mental well-being.
Verify Your Insurance
Get NeuroStar® advanced therapy from experienced mental healthcare professionals in your community—live the life you deserve.
Get help now! Schedule an appointment
Taking the Next Steps Towards Mental Well-Being
How NeuroStar® TMS Treatment Works
Enrolling in NeuroStar® TMS treatment is the first step in taking control of your mental health journey. Our certified and experienced treatment teams are dedicated to providing you with the support and guidance you need to take charge of your mental well-being. Here’s how to get started:
Step 1: Before Treatment
You’ll recline comfortably in the treatment chair. A small, curved magnetic coil will be positioned lightly on your head. Our dedicated team members will help you through this process.
Step 2: During Treatment
NeuroStar delivers focused magnetic stimulation directly to the target areas of the brain. You’ll hear a clicking sound and feel a tapping sensation on your head, but don’t worry, for most patients, any pain or discomfort is only temporary and typically resolves within the first week of treatment.
Step 3: After Treatment
NeuroStar Advanced Therapy: Depending on your doctor’s recommendation. You can resume normal activities immediately. Because there are no effects on alertness or memory, you can drive yourself to and from treatment sessions. In-office treatment with NeuroStar TMS Therapy typically takes 19-37 minutes and treatment takes place every day during the week for 7 weeks.
Discover how NeuroStar® TMS treatment can help you or a loved one today.
The Support You Need, When You Need It
Why Choose Northeast Health Services?
At Northeast Health Services, we know you have a choice when you select your mental healthcare provider. Some of the reasons we are one of the best-known healthcare providers in the Northeast are:
- We are among the largest and best-established mental health practices in the Northeast and have served our community for almost 25 years.
- Our team of psychiatrists, psychologists, and therapists specialize in meeting you wherever you are in your mental health journey.
- We accept a broad range of insurances.
- We have numerous locations throughout Massachusetts.
- We are a thought leader when it comes to TMS therapy.
- We are affiliated with both the University of Massachusetts Medical School and Harvard Medical School.
- Our team is dedicated to providing excellent mental health services with compassion, understanding, and respect.
- We offer a range of services designed to meet the needs of individuals, couples, families, young adults—and everyone in between.
- We know that your mental health journey does not end when you leave our care, which is why we emphasize the continuity of care in all of our services.
Benefits of NeuroStar® Therapy at Northeast Health Services
- NeuroStar® TMS therapy is non-invasive.
- It is effective for treatment-resistant patients.
- NeuroStar® TMS treatment has very few side effects.
- It’s effective when used alongside other treatment options.
The NeuroStar Advanced Therapy System is indicated for the treatment of depressive episodes and for decreasing anxiety symptoms for those who may exhibit comorbid anxiety symptoms in adult patients suffering from Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) and who failed to achieve satisfactory improvement from previous antidepressant medication treatment in the current episode. The NeuroStar Advanced Therapy system is intended to be used as an adjunct for the treatment of adult patients suffering from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). NeuroStar Advanced Therapy is only available by prescription. A doctor can help decide if NeuroStar Advanced Therapy is right for you. Patients’ results may vary. Visit neurostar.com for full safety and prescribing information.
About NeuroStar® TMS Therapy
NeuroStar uses transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) to target key areas of the brain that are underactive in people with depression. It is not ECT (electroconvulsive therapy).
While the exact cause of depression is not known, the leading scientific theory is that it is caused by an imbalance of the brain’s neurotransmitters, which are chemical messengers that send signals between brain cells.
What is NeuroStar Advanced Therapy (TMS)?
During a NeuroStar treatment session, a magnet similar in strength to that used in a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine is used to stimulate nerve cells in the area of the brain thought to control mood. These magnetic pulses may have a positive effect on the brain’s neurotransmitter levels, making long-term remission possible.
Treatment with NeuroStar Advanced Therapy is easy:
- Therapy sessions are conducted in your NeuroStar doctor’s office
- You can return to normal activities right away
- You are awake during treatment
- There are no negative effects on memory or sleep
- It’s covered by most health insurance plans, including Medicare and Tricare
- With more than three million treatments delivered, this novel treatment approach to achieving remission is bringing new hope to people every day.
Your Journey to Mental Well-Being Starts Here
Take the courageous first step toward a new chapter in your life. Reach out for mental health treatment today by calling Northeast Health Services in Psychiatry or connecting with our team online.
225 Foxborough Boulevard Foxborough, MA 02035
Danvers, MA 01923
West Springfield, MA
103 Myron St
West Springfield, MA 01089
231 Main Street
Brockton, MA 02301
259A North St
Hyannis, MA 02601
144 North Rd,
Sudbury, MA 01776
Fall River, MA
126 Cove Street
Fall River, MA 02720
25 Birch St,
Milford, MA 01757
30 Taunton Green,
Taunton, MA 02780
108 Grove Street
Worcester, MA 01605
59 Lowes Way,
Lowell, MA 01851
94 South Main Street
Middleboro, MA 02346
© Copyright 2023 Northeast Health Services